Why Start ShaknNotStirred?


2014 is the year of manliness, so what better way to enhance your lifestyle than recreating a spectacular drink for yourself, or a few mates? I decided to create this blog for entertainment usage and to satisfy everyones inner bartender - Not to mention educating you a bit on some of the most common drinks and cocktails out there. I'm not perfect, so this will be a community effort thing and hopefully a learning experience for everyone who ventures over ;)

I'll try to keep these posts daily.

- Nik

Thursday 23 January 2014

CHOCOLATE MOOSE

I was craving a milkshake earlier today + wanted to experiment with some basic ingredients. Long story short, I came up with this: 

Drink

Chocolate Moose

Origin 

There probably is a real milkshake that goes by a fancier name with a monumental historic past attached to it, but for the sake of feeling "original", this idea came to me while debating what to cook for lunch.

Glassware 

I used a glass mug however, you can get away with a Collins glass.


Ingredients 


  • Chocolate Ice Cream 
  • Milk
  • Bailey's Cream (I used Jamaican Rum Cream) 
  • Chocolate (for garnishing) 


Procedure 

1.    Put glassware into freezer to chill 



2.    Put 3 scoops of ice cream into blender 



3.    Pour 8oz of milk into blender 



4.    Pour 2oz of Rum Cream into blender and blend.
5.    Pour contraption into glass/mug, garnish with a piece of chocolate and enjoy. (Makes one drink - roughly 10oz/300ml)


No comments:

Post a Comment